Friday 25 January 2013

Australia Day: No more UnAustralian phrases

Now that Aussie Day is almost here, the phrase,
"You're unaustralian because blah blah..."
is being thrown around by media and politicians again. That term is just people being nasty and I reckon using it is just them being unaustralian.
So on Saturday, everyone is being "Australian" no matter what they do and no matter what country they may have originated from. We don't need people telling us what's unaustralian, we know who we are, we know where we're from. 

You may not eat lamb, you may not have a snag from the barbie, you may not say mate, but I bet if you live in Australia then you call yourself Australian. There's no such thing as unaustralian. It's just hype from the media. And also politicians trying to 'steal' your vote by making you hate others. How unaustralian is that!

Share this around and let the good times role :-D

Cheers, Mat.

P.S. The use of the word 'unaustralian' in this post is just me doing the tongue in cheek thing. I do realise I'm condemning the phrase 'unaustralian' and then go ahead and use it in my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment